Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Personal Marathons are Awesome

Today I had my own little Robert Downey Jr marathon. Of course that's pretty much every day when it comes down to it, but this was an interesting one.

I started out by watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang again. I really love that movie and felt the need to watch it for a second time in 24 hours. But I've already put in my two cents on that one.

After Kiss Kiss Bang Bang I watched a movie called Friends and Lovers. It's a very interesting movie. I'd completely forgotten that there was a dick shot in the movie (not Robert.) I'd also forgotten that Robert has a sex scene with Claudia Schiffer in which we get to see his naked ass. But that's beside the point. The movie is very weird and Robert has a German accent for most of it, which is hilarious. And then there's the scene where he grabs Steven Baldwin's junk. Friends and Lovers is definitely the type of movie you only watch when there is literally nothing better on TV. Or if you want to see Robert Downey Jr's naked ass.

After that I watched Soapdish yet again. I love this movie so much. It's hilarious and amazing and the cast is fantastic. Sally Field and Whoopie Goldberg and Kevin Kline and, of course, Robert and Carrie Fisher and Kathy Nijimy and Kathy Moriarty and Frank Marshall and Elisabeth Shue and so many fantastically amazing people. Oh, Teri Hatcher is in it too. That's one of Robert's 13 connections to Desperate Housewives. 13 is all I've managed to count so far. But anyway. Soapdish is a great satire on soap operas and what goes on behind the scenes. Definitely should watch it.

Then I tried to watch Robert's episodes of Saturday Night Live but I was teased a bit. There were only two actual episodes of the season that he was on and of those two whole episodes, only one of the skits actually had Robert in it. Total disappointment if you ask me. Not even worth my time.

So when I was finished with that I had to watch some nonsensical stuff until the kid went to bed and then I watched Less Than Zero. Every time I watch this movie I sit there and wonder what part of what went on in that movie made Robert think that using drugs was a good idea. It's not really a great question to come to mind but it always does. Fortunately for everyone he figured out that it wasn't such a good idea after all and he's back on the straight and narrow. The movie is so powerful and disturbing, but completely amazing. Only watch it if you're in the mood for something dark and depressing though. If you're in a good mood this movie will definitely bring you down.

I capped off the evening with Charlie Bartlett. This movie was released in 2008 about three months before Robert's major movie come back in Iron Man. It's a great movie, honestly. Anton Yelchin is absolutely adorable as the main character and Kat Dennings does a fantastic job as the principal's daughter. The principal who just happens to be played by Robert. There are so many great lines in this movie and most of them are Anton's, that's for sure. Although Robert's "Never attack a drunk guy with a gun" is pretty classic. The whole thing is basically about how to survive high school and realizing that all that matters is being yourself. Over all a great movie and I high recommend it.

Yes, I know I am a bit obsessed with the wonderful RDJ but at least my obsession only holds to watching his movies over and over again. I only wrote him one letter and I don't plan on stalking him to Comic Con or whatever the really crazy people do. While he is an amazingly talented actor and musician, and he is very much a hottie, I also understand that he is a human being. A happily married human being. And I'm sure he gets sick of the fans treating him like he's something higher or better than the rest of us lowly humans down here on earth. He's just a regular guy with an obscene amount of talent and the outlet for such.

No comments:

Post a Comment