Monday, May 23, 2011

In Plain Sight and Law&Order: Criminal Intent

I have to say that I originally thought that In Plain Sight was going to be a stupid TV show, but that's usually the case with the USA network. The promos make the show look ridiculous but it actually turns out to be pretty good. Although it took a while for In Plain Sight to grow on me, I do like the show. Especially Marshall. He's a fountain of useless information and I love that because I can relate. He also has to deal with Mary on a regular basis and I have had to deal with people like her a lot in my life. So it's all good.

The newest episode was actually very good. I love the way that Mary, her mom, and her sister are all starting to get along a lot better. And I'm glad that Mary's sister (whose name escapes me at the moment) has found an awesome guy and seems to be very happy. I love to see Mary's interaction with the witnesses because she never sugar coats anything and even though she acts like this hard ass that doesn't give a shit, you can tell that deep down she really does care about each and every one of these people. Even the criminals that she would rather see put behind bars than in protective custody.


I think my favorite part about this most recent Criminal Intent was when Eames was talker about her father. "He's got Irish Alzheimer's. Forgets everything but the grudges." That line made me laugh. I loved it, really. The whole episode was very well done, except for when the dead guy moved his head when no one was anywhere near it. Other than that, the story was good and done well. D'Onofrio is always awesome, even when they mess with his character like they've managed to do in this case. I don't like where they've gone with it but Vincent is along for the ride and doing a great job. Julia Ormond as the therapist was a nice touch, too. I have yet to see her do something that I didn't like. She's a talented actress and I'm happy to see her on the show, even if it's just here and there.


Over all, I recommend both shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment