Thursday, June 16, 2011

In Plain Sight

So thanks to Netflix view instantly I've been having my own little In Plain Sight marathon. I haven't seen all of the episodes and I wanted to change that. I'm really glad that Netflix view instantly exists at times like these. So that I can just sit down and watch them without having to wait for the discs to come in the mail. Just saying.

I'm very much loving the relationship between Mary and Marshall. They're so close to each other, it's great. Although you'd have to classify it as brother and sister more than anything else. When Marshall got hurt, Mary was really scared and it was obvious that she really cares about Marshall. When Mary was abducted, Marshall looked like he was about to fall apart and he never looks like he's about to fall apart. Very obvious that he really cares about her. It's a fantastic relationship.

I really like the first season of In Plain Sight because we get to see Mary's emotional side. She's a lot more open and emotional in the first season, I think, than in the rest of the show. Maybe that's just me.

I really like Mary because she's a strong, independent woman but she has a feminine side and she doesn't really care what other people think. In my opinion, she's a great role model. Even given her crassness and her need to keep people at a distance, she's smart and funny and strong and isn't required to have a man in her life to be happy.

I also like Marshall because he's a smart guy. He has a mind full of useless facts and I love that. He's a little bit weird but in a kind of cool way and it's really obvious when he cares about someone. Even though he's not very externally emotional, you can just see it. And he's very protective of the people he cares about. Don't get in his way when someone he loves is hurt, because you will regret it. Watching Marshall interview the guy that kidnapped Mary. He looks calm and cool on the outside but just look into his eyes and you can see him visualizing the many different, horrible ways he wants to make this guy suffer for what he did.

The whole cast is amazing and they work well together. Even in the first season it's like they've been working together for years. The chemistry is perfect and the casting director did a great job.

That's all I can really say about the show. It's very well done and better than the original promos led anyone to believe. Everybody should watch it. But start from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment