Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bridesmaids

I know I've said a couple of times that this movie is really good (on twitter) but I want to give my honest opinion of the movie.

Most of the characters were funny. Matt Lucas was adorable, even with his limited appearance in the movie. Wendi McLendon-Covey was also amazing. She made me laugh a lot, especially in the scene on the airplane with Ellie Klemper. She delivered her lines well and her timing was great. Melissa McCarthy was amazing. Absolutely hilarious and wonderful. Of course I love her as Molly on Mike and Molly on CBS. It's a great show and she's fantastic. Chris O'Dowd was very adorable and great. Maya Rudolph was pretty cute too.

Here's the harshness. I felt like there was a lot of the movie that was made up of unfinished sentences. I could have done without the food poisoning scene in the bathroom. That was a bit uncalled for, even if the whole audience laughed. All of the passive aggressive arguments between Annie and Helen could have been a lot shorter than they were. I got bored very easily with them. I understand the need for the situations, because it needed to lead to Helen taking over as the matron of honor, but they were way too long. What it all comes down to is that I really don't think Kristen Wiig was all that funny. And Jill Clayburgh as her mother was annoying.

Bits and pieces were really funny but over all as a whole I didn't think it was all that great. But that is just my opinion. I would say go see the movie and decide what you think. Don't just take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment