Saturday, April 26, 2014

Bad Movies

Have you ever been willing to watch a bad movie because an actor that you love is in it?  I have.  I've done this several times.  Hell, there are about 6 Robert Downey Jr movies that I've watched and really wish I hadn't.  Two of them I actually turned off before getting to the end.  One of them, Robert was actually the reason I stopped watching it.  Though it had nothing to do with his performance and everything to do with the character.  Okay, so maybe it had a little to do with his performance.  But that's beside the point.

I have sat through some truly horrible movies for actors that I like.  Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan.  They all have those movies that you just wonder what the hell they were thinking when they agreed to do it.  And then you realize that at certain points in their careers, they were just happy to have ANY job.  Eating tends to be pretty important and when you really need a paycheck, the saying goes "Any paycheck is better than no paycheck."  and boy have those guys proven it.

I'm not going to list specific movies because everyone's opinions differ and the movies that I think are horrible, you might not think are bad.  But it all comes down to, when I like someone I track down everything they've been in and I watch it even if it's bad.

I sat through In Dreams for Robert Downey Jr.  With long, stringy, bright red hair.  That's love, man.  That's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment