Saturday, April 12, 2014

Baby Cakes Mini Waffle Stick Maker



As I have said about this blog, I will review anything and everything that I feel like reviewing and right now I feel like reviewing this.  THIS IS NOT A PAID ADVERTISEMENT AT ALL!  I really wish I was getting money for this, but alas I am not.  

So Walmart has this display with Baby Cakes stuff on it.  There's a donut maker and a waffle stick maker and other stuff.  I decided that I wanted to get the waffle stick maker because it was only $10 and I like waffles.  

I used the Bisquick waffle batter recipe because that's what I happened to have around the house.  That amount of batter actually made 32 waffle sticks.  I used a tablespoon of batter per stick.   

This waffle stick maker is very easy to use.  You plug it in and it starts heating up.  When the light turns off, it's ready to use.  It has a nonstick surface which makes it easy to remove the waffle sticks.  The instructions say 3-4 minutes for cook time but I have found that 2.5 minutes is just perfect for the batter that I use.  I've used this thing twice and I love it.  The cool thing is that you don't absolutely have to use a timer to tell when they're done.  When you first close it up it starts steaming and making kind of a squealing noise that sounds like the batter is screaming in agony.  Those of us who are weird find that amusing.  Anyway.  When the painful cries of the batter stop and the steam dies down to a minimum, then they're done.  It's that simple.  

I feel like I got a really good deal for $10 and plan on using this again and again and again because waffle sticks are great for breakfast or snack.  If you like waffles that are easy to dip, I recommend getting one.  Even a little kid could use this thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment