Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bourne Legacy: SPOILER ALERT

Now, I have to admit that I went into this movie with absolutely no knowledge about the Bourne storyline other than what can be found in trailers for the first three Bourne movies. That being said, I will continue on with my review.

Pretty much the first thing you see in this movie is a shirtless Jeremy Renner which automatically makes it awesome. I would really like to sit here and take the movie apart minute by minute but there's so much going on that I just can't do that so this is really just going to be an overview. I put the spoiler alert up there just in case there's something I mention that could be considered a spoiler.

Edward Norton continues to be seriously awesome. His character in this movie is cold and precise and knows exactly what needs to be done regardless of the moral issues involved and he will not let anything stand in the way of getting it done. He delivers his lines beautifully, as always, and he manages to keep a pretty straight face throughout everything. I think my favorite moment though was "It's up and running, consider yourself notified." That was a great moment and only Edward could really handle that, in my personal opinion.

There are so many actors in this movie that I have loved for a long time. David Strathairn being one of them. Of course I have loved him since Sneakers all those years ago, and he continues to make me love him more. Especially in Alphas on SyFy but that's not what I'm talking about right now. He has a minor appearance in this movie but he did very well.

Stacy Keach is a nice addition to this movie as well. He did a wonderful job and he's very good at the irritation and righteous indignation required for this movie.

My brain is kind of frazzled when I try to describe it, in all honesty. The action was really cool and the movie was done very well. Although I find it very amusing that on a motorcycle weaving in and out of traffic wasn't too dangerous to be actually Jeremy and Rachel, but riding said motorcycle up a flight of stairs was. I guess that's part of why I'm not involved in the movie business. Only a small part, of course.

The ending of the movie makes it very obvious that there is going to be another one. I could have done without the corny, James Bond type spy song at the end, but I guess Hollywood decided it was necessary.

Onto the fangirling. I think this is the most time shirtless that I have seen Jeremy Renner. It makes me all kinds of happy. Especially because of those gorgeous arms of his. They're just.......afkjvbaufhg;ahv. That's all I can say.

Now the fangirling is over. Based on my limited knowledge of the franchise, I can't really do the storyline justice, but this was done well. Although there are a couple of the stunts that I would really like for Mythbusters to tackle.

So, over all, go see the movie. Even if you haven't seen the others, you will definitely like it. That's all I can say. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment