Friday, December 30, 2011

Chipwrecked, Tin Tin, and Warhorse

On Christmas day I went to see three movies and I am going to give short reviews of all three. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked.

This movie was pretty good for a Chipmunks movie but it wasn't the best of the three. There was the saccharine disgusting, everybody learns a valuable lesson ending that most kids movies have these days. The songs were good, though. Hearing the Chipmunks and the Chipettes do Gaga was great. I thought the Castaway reference was a bit much. And there's the whole "OMG we're stranded on an island with an active volcano that's never been active in the last 10 years!" thing going on. The whole thing is pretty ridiculous, really. It's a good movie to take your kids to, though. I will say that much.



The Adventures of Tin Tin:

This movie was pretty awesome over all. It seems like the Mythbusters consulted on the movie because there were at least 4 proven Myths that I saw. There were several "well that's convenient" moments throughout the story but over all, it's really good. The Captain was hilarious.



Warhorse:

This movie was very beautifully done. Though there were moments that were kind of slow, but that's to be expected in this type of movie. I think my favorite part of the whole movie though was watching David Thewlis get chased off the property by a goose. They had a goose on the farm that was more entertaining than most well trained dogs. Honestly. The movie follows the story of one horse from birth to the end of WWI. It's crazy and miraculous and amazing and very well done. Of these three movies, I highly recommend Warhorse and Tin Tin. Chipwrecked I only recommend if you want to turn your brain off for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment