Monday, March 17, 2014

OUAT and OUATIW

WHY DO I KEEP WATCHING THESE SHOWS?!?!?!?!?

Yes, that did require all capital letters.  And I am seriously pissed off at OUAT right now.  I think the only reason I keep watching is for the actor that plays Hook.  He's so damn sexy.  But anyway.

Now, before I say this next bit I want to say that I have absolutely no problems with minority actors and actresses if they fit into the part that is being played.  I have no problem with people of other races at all whatsoever.  Now, that being said.

Why did they make Repunzel black?  It's a German story!  And to have Charming be the one to rescue her?  What the fuck?!  I mean, seriously?

And now lets get into the fact that the Wicked Witch of the West is not only named Zelena, but she's Regina's older sister?  What have those writers been smoking?!  I really want to know!


Alright, so now we get to OUATIW.   There are some things about this show that are making me mad and some things about this show that are making me happy.  Let's go with the mad first.

WHY IS THE JABERWOCKY A WOMAN?!?!?!?  That makes me mad, it really does.  That means that the worst, most cruel, most horrible creature in Wonderland is a woman.  What does that say, exactly?  Some people will see her as an awesome, strong female character.  I do not.  Maybe that's just me.

Another thing that is making me mad?  Will Scarlet was dating Anastasia and became the knave of hearts.  Now, I knew that Anastasia was a name that I should remember in the Disney world but I really didn't realize that they were going to make her one of Cinderella's step sisters and that THAT would be the connection to OUAT.  Ugh.  Anyway.

The thing that's making me happy is the whole situation with Amara.  How they tied that all together is awesome.  That she wanted to get the three genies and change the laws of magic because those three genies were her three sons and she wanted to free them from their curse.  That just makes a lot of sense now.  I actually like that bit.  And I like that Cyrus wasn't always such a nice guy.  He's not this perfect, amazing man.  That makes me happy too.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on those two shows right now.  Though I have to say that Snow and Charming are pissing me off and making me want to strangle them both.  They're whiny and annoying and just need to get over themselves already.  They irritate me.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment