Tuesday, January 22, 2013

@thinkgeek and the scarceness of 2D

I've been brought to a horrible reality a little sooner than I expected.  But I will get to that.

First of all, I would like to once again thank thinkgeek.com for coming out with the 2D glasses that convert 3D movies into 2D.  This is helpful for me because 3D movies cause a panic attack when I try to watch them.  And having a mother and daughter that can both watch 3D means that I can take them to the 3D movie and not get a headache from being unable to wear the 3D glasses.  Now I just take my 2D glasses and I can enjoy the movie right along with them.

Why am I bringing this up?  Because of Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters.  I have wanted to see this movie ever since I found out about it.  I am a HUGE Jeremy Renner fan as anyone who reads this blog would know.  So I want to watch this movie.   And I wanted to attend a midnight viewing.  The thing is, there isn't a 2D midnight viewing.  The only midnight show is IMAX 3D.  Which I can't watch.  And there's no $6 show on Saturday either.  Earliest 2D showing is at 110pm which is an $8 ticket.

So this is how it starts.  2D is going to become less and less available until I'm paying for a 3D ticket that I can't watch.   Eventually, movies are going to be coming out exclusively in 3D all because the market for 2D is so small.  It's ridiculous and stupid and I really wish that Hollywood would understand that there is still a market for 2D releases.  But they don't care.  All they care about is making money.  That's it.  It's really irritating.


No comments:

Post a Comment